Sunday 3 April 2016

Eight cute and simple DIYS...

I have been meaning to do this for such a long time, but I have been debating whether I had enough DIY'S as I only originally had four and then after some inspirational Pinterest searching and Youtube watching I came across some little beauties that I wanted to recreate in my own way. Some range from stationary to textiles and sewing these are just simple cute little ways to either decorate your home or have stylish pieces no one else will have. ENJOY!




Wooden Hand-painted Z letter 

So for a while I have loved home inspiration that features the bitter name initials to make a room more personal and as we all know I have a Z cushion on my bed. This however was not enough for me so I knipped into Abakhan and picked up this letter Z for £1.50 and painted it copper. This was a really simple DIY and super cheap but looks rather adorable with some of my potted plants.



Tassel Garland

This was super cheap and inexpensive to make as each shade of tissue was £1 from the card factory and I am obsessed with the spotty paper! I found a simple tutorial on Youtube and followed that which was super easy, I really wanted to learn how to make these for my job as I think they look super sweet around party tables and strung around the ceiling. So for around £5 including a ball of string this was deffinetly worth the time consuming make as it was truly effective and filled my room nicely.


Above is the video I followed to make my tassel garland.



Geometric Notebook

I love love love love this notebook! I bought just a standard notebook from asda for around £1.50 and using old magazine cut out bright patterns, pictures and some text pieces to create this geometric triangle shape pattern. I seen something similar on Pinterest so I finished it with a triangle with my initial on as I think pieces like this really make your work look special and just writing down in a notebook no one else has is a nice feeling.


Hand-painted Ikea cactus pots

I knew from the moment I seen these cactuses in Ikea i needed them for my room so for £4.50 they were a bargain. Thing was I really wanted to customise them to match my white, copper, pink and light green theme I have in my room so I painted different patterns onto the pots. This made them really unique and effective and blend perfectly with my other copper pieces.



Hand-painted mandala print notebooks

So I decided for these to do a step by step and these were just so simple to make but so beautifully effective. I first decided to pick out my colour scheme using paints from The Works for £1 a bottle and notebooks from Home bargains (89p for the large and 69p for the smaller book). Combined with a little bit of water I began to drip the paint down the notebook and blowing on the paint to mix together the colours as when they are dry like in the left bottom picture they blend together in a cloudy effect. Finishing the notebooks off I googled mandala patterns and began to make my own and make each one unique. These look super beautiful and I was even told I should sell these as they look really beautiful, I actually have about 5 of these on my shelf as you can see next to my Z letter as they look really pretty and the colours match my room.




Cactus Cushion

I recreated this little cutie after seeing Katherine Elizabeth's Youtube Video making the same cushions. This was pretty straight forward starting with making two exact shapes of the body of the cactus as seen in number 1 and stitching them together, I found that line stitch was ineffective so I switched to couching as it held the fabric together nicely. After doing this and leaving the bottom open I flipped the cactus pouch inside out the hide the stitch and began stuffing it. By this point after it was well stuffed I stitched closed the bottom and began on the prickled. For this I simply threaded through the cactus body front and left fabric either side so I could tie a little knot and cut of excess leaving little knotted tassels to portrays prickles. 

After completing the body comes the flower head, this was a pretty similar procedure as the cactus body. So after cutting out two templates couching them together and leaving the bottom open I then flipped it inside out and stuffed it. With the bottom of the flower closed leaving it like a little puffy cloud I sewed both of the pieces together resulting in this cute little cactus pillow which I am completely in love with. This was really cheap as I already had pink fabric in my craft box so the green fabric and stuffing cost me £3.50 in Abakhan total bargain!!


check out Katherine's cushions here! She is amazing and I absolutely love her channel and all her DIY's and hacks and everything really. She is honestly so creative!




Cactus Print Notebook

HOW FRICKIN' CUTE IS THIS?! and I made it!! So with my love for cactuses I decided I needed a notebook like no other. After finding a few cactus prints online from Pinterest and We Heart It I chose my favourites and began drawing them onto another 89p Home Bargains notebook. I drew just cute funny little cactus in dishes from small ones to large ones and bobbly ones and when they were finished began painting them with some paint I picked up for £1 from B&M's in a dark green shade and just added white paint from The Works to it to make the light shade. Simple paint maths don't even know why I explained it. Anyway after painting the pots a basic white and adding a few copper hints here and there I left it to dry. Once dry I outlined the cactuses and added on the prickles and general definition and TA-DAH! A beautiful cactus notebook! I am debating doing some of the smaller notebooks like this as I would love a pocket size cactus notebook that one no one else has! YET!


Just a general overhaul of all the notebooks I made in this DIY how cute?! and super creative is I do say so myself.


Pebble Cactuses 

So this came to me after scrolling Pinterest and I instantly fell in love. I picked up a bag of stones for £3 at B&M's and painted some different sizes in varying shades of green. Once dry I painted on the definition detail to mix up the cactus pebbles and then filled a tiny pot with more regular stones to create a base. I placed the cactus stones once completely dry into the pot creating the cutest little terrarium type deal but without the prick!

So my lovelies that is all and honestly this is my favourite DIY post of all time even better than the last! Seriously hope you enjoyed as much as I did making them. Feel free to leave any comments or future tips for me to try!

All my love,





No comments:

Post a Comment